Radiation Shielding Glass, High Lead Content, Excellent Visual Clarity
Radiation shielding glass provides optimum shielding against gamma rays and x-rays.
Radiation Shielding Glass, also known as X-ray glass or lead glass, is leaded glass that provides shielding protection by absorbing the energy of radiation. Its high lead and barium content, and wide thickness range, provide optimum shielding against radiation. The glass can be optically clear or have a slight yellow. Typically, the thicker the glass, the higher the level of radiation shielding. It is primarily used in the medical industry to provide protection against gamma rays and x-rays.
- A variety of sizes and thickness are available
- Many protective shielding levels are available
- Compliance with the Quality Standard ISO 9001, the environmental Standard ISO 14001 and Health & Safety Standard OHSAS 18001
- Special discount for large orders and multiple promotion campaigns
|Thickness||Minimum Lead Equivalence (mm) for Stated X-Ray Tube Voltage||Max. Plate Mass|
|mm||inches||80 kV||100 kV||110 kV||150 kV||200 kV||250 kV||300 kV||kg/m2||lbs/ft3|
|Physical Properties||Mechanical Properties|
|Optical Properties||Density (g/cm3)||4.8|
|Refractive Index nd||1.76||Knoop Hardness (kg/mm2)||409|
|Transmission % @ 55 nm through 5 mm path||≥ 85.0||Young's Modulus (GPa)||62.6|
|Chemical Properties||Torsion Modulus (GPa)||24.8|
|Lead (Pb)||52%||Poisson's Ratio||0.26|
|Barium (Ba)||17%||Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (×10-7/°C)||78.8|
|Item||Length × Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|RSG-1||600 × 400||12||15||–||–|
|RSG-2||800 × 600||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-3||900 × 600||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-4||1000 × 800||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-5||1200 × 800||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-6||1500 × 900||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-7||1500 × 1000||–||15||–||20|
|RSG-8||1600 × 900||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-9||1600 × 1000||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-10||1800 × 1000||12||15||18||20|
|RSG-11||2000 × 1000||–||15||18||–|
|RSG-12||2000 × 1200||–||15||–||20|
|RSG-13||2200 × 1200||–||15||18–20|
|RSG-14||2400 × 1200||–||15||18–20|
|RSG-15||2600 × 1200||–||–||18–20|
|RSG-16||2800 × 1200||–||–||18–20|
|RSG-17||3000 × 1000||–||–||18–20|
|RSG-18||3000 × 1200||–||–||18–20|
- Shield against x-rays from equipment operating in the 80 to 300 kV range.
- High barium and lead content providing optimum protection with excellent visual clarity
- Provides high UV stability and is designed to offer many years of service if properly maintained
- With the maximum size of up to 3000 × 1200 mm, allowing customers to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision.
- All cut edges are polished and finished with safety chamfers.
Radiation shielding glass is commonly used to protect professionals and patients in a wide range of healthcare, dentistry, veterinary and industrial environments. Typically, it can be divided into three major categories as shown below:
- Observation viewing windows for x-ray rooms, radiation therapy rooms, angiography rooms, CT scan rooms, etc.
- Screens for medical diagnostics.
- Protection windows or glove boxes in laboratories.
Radiation shielding glass for angiography room
Radiation shielding glass for CT room
Radiation shielding glass for x-ray room
Radiation shielding glass for medical imaging laboratory
Care & Cleaning
As high lead content glass is more susceptible to staining, the following precautions need to be taken care for installation and cleaning.
- Do not stick anything on the surface of the radiation shielding glass during the installation. When masking tape is used in caulking, remove it immediately after caulking and wipe off any tape traces with alcohol.
- Do not use a wet cloth or water to clean the glass and immediately wipe off water in case of the glass becomes wet.
- When the glass becomes dirty or marked with fingerprints, polish the surface slightly hard with a dry, clean cloth like gauze with alcohol. Wipe the glass again afterwards with a new, dry and clean cloth to completely remove the alcohol remaining on the surface.
Inquiry for Our Product
LingYan Engineering Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.