Select Light Guide on Its Outer Surface, Side Wall, Exit and Corner
How to choose the correct light guide? We can choose it from its outer surface, side walls, exit, corner and shape.
- The smoothness of the outer surface of the glass light guide is an important guarantee for the normal operation of the light guide.
- The side walls of the light guide parallel to the direction of light propagation should be very smooth, like a mirror, so that the light can produce complete internal reflection on its surface. The inlet of the light guide should be smooth and matched with the LED shape to ensure that the light enters the light guide with minimal reflection and scattering.
- The exit of the light guide should be scattered and can be made into any shape, cylindrical, square, tapered or any special shape (arrow, star, half moon, etc.).
- For rectangular and special shape of the light guide, the corner must be rounded and the radius of it should be not less than 0.5 mm, can not have sharp corners to ensure that the lighting of corner.
- The shape of the light guide should gradually change along its length.
|Mechanical Property||Reference Value|
|Comprehensive Strength||> 1100 MPa|
|Bending Strength||67 MPa|
|Tensile Strength||48.3 MPa|
|Elastic Modulus||71700 MPa|
|Shearing Modulus||31000 MPa|
|Moths Hardness||5.3–6.5 (Moths Scale)|
|Deformation Point||1280 °C|
|Specific Heat (20–350 °C)||670 J/kg °C|
|Thermal Conductivity (20 °C)||1.4 W/m °C|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion||5.5×10–7 cm/cm °C|
|Hot work temperature||1750–2050 °C|
|The temperature for a short time||1300 °C|
|The temperature for a long time||1100 °C|
|Dielectric Strength||250–400 kV/cm|
|Dielectric absorption coefficient||< 4 × 104|
|Dielectric loss coefficient||< 1 × 104|
Inquiry for Our Product
YuanBo Engineering Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.