Glass Plate Level Gauge Installation Steps & Routine Maintenance
You can assemble the glass plate level gauge according to the following steps:
- Perform a sight check. Especially take special care to avoid glass scratches.
- Ensure the instrument valves to be closed.
- Ensure the tank valves (at the connection flanges) to be closed.
- Adjust the flanges of the reflex gauge to the flanges of the tank connection.
- Put the gaskets onto the flange face and insert the screws.
- Tighten the nuts firmly.
- On a regular base, the glasses have to be checked for breaks or chemical corrosion (sight check). If the glasses show scratches, breakage or chemical contamination, they have to be replaced immediately.
- To perform a glass replacement, firstly, the tank valves, as well the instrument valves have to be closed. After that, the gauge body has to be drained by the drain plug or drain valve. Remainders need to be removed by purging.
- Open the damaged section and replace the glass and the gasket. At the same time, the sealing faces have to be checked and cleaned.
- Glass and cover are to be remounted again. Take care that the glass does not touch any metal parts. After the insertion of the glass, tighten the screws hand-tight. Once the glass is placed correctly in its seat, tighten the nuts with a torque wrench (recommended torque: 20 – 30 N-m).
Inquiry for Our Product
LingYan Engineering Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.